Thursday, October 26, 2017

Poinsettia stamp

These two cards were made with a stamp I drew and carved.

I'd seen a couple of cards made with large flower stamps
and 
1 I don't have any large flower stamps & 2 I'm in Christmas mode,
so poinsettia it is!

It came out better than I'd hoped!


I colored them both with spectrum noir pens.

The bottom card base was die-cut a week or so ago with a new die I wanted to try out. 
Of course once it was cut, in this pink paper, I didn't know what to do with it so it sat on my desk until I made this poinsettia. 
The plan was to clear emboss the stamp then color it, 
but I didn't realize that my embossing pad was tinted with a pinky-red color. 
I went with it and added it to the pink base.


I used a shimmer pen on the white paper behind the die cut.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: