Sunday, November 17, 2013

Merry Christmas Mitten ornament.....

Happy Sunday everyone!

Today I want to show you an ornament I made. 


I started with the mitten & heart shapes from  
 Heather, my BOLB (Best OnLine Buddy).
It is part of her Shabby Vintage Ivory Christmas Ornament collage sheet.

I went into GIMP and changed the background to a handwritten image I found at Graphic's Fairy 
then added a pine tree,
 also from Graphics Fairy,
to the heart shape. 

The "Merry Christmas" I printed out from my computer.

I added a bit of glitter (313 Bayou) Ultrafine Transparent glitter from Art Glitter to the edges of my mitten and on the tree. 
Platinum Stickles was used on the edges of the Merry Christmas pieces.
Rouge Liquid Pearls was used to add the red dots along the edge of the heart.


What is Christmas decor without a little garland?
I added a bit of red garland across the top, where I had put a little bit of lace trim.
I added a medal butterfly that I painted with a little watered down gesso, 
then I rubbed off a bit of the gesso to let the medal poke through 
& added a little platinum stickles for the body.


A little bit of jewelry wire was added for the hanger.

Below is a look at the back side. 
I left it empty so you could see the image I used,
I may add more to it later.


I linked this up with 


Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you have a great week!



3 comments:

Heather said...

Super Cute!! I love what you did girlie!! I love the tree!! Love that trim too!!
Hugs!!
Heather

Anonymous said...

You are so clever with your use of GIMP - in total admiration of what you have achieved.
This is so adorable, it has a very authentic appearance to it, as though discovered i Grandma's attic, that trim is such a fun addition.
Wishes
Lynne

Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Carol! What a lovely ornament! I found you through Graphics Fairy and am learning a lot already. I must find out what GIMP is, lol! And the liquid pearls, is that an acrylic paint? You are so creative! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!