Thursday, November 21, 2013

Christmas stocking card

Good morning everyone!

Today I have a Christmas card to show you.

I started out with one of my stocking ornaments I designed in Gimp.
Once I had it decorated I decided to put it on a card instead of making an ornament out of it.


I used a blank card and topped it with a piece of patterned paper from the
 Grandma's House paper pkg from Gecko Galz.

I used my Martha Stewart punch on a scrap strip of paper then topped that with an image from Graphics Fairy.
The music note image on my stocking is also from Graphics Fairy.

I distressed all the edges of the papers and stocking then added vintage photo distress ink.


I used Rouge liquid pearls on the stocking toe & heel then decided it need more so I added some Burgundy stickles.

To go with the burgundy I added a piece of velvet trim to the top.

Added a bow I made with sheer ribbon from my stash.


I finished off the card with a few more bits of liquid pearls on the corners of the cards.

*****
I promise I did clean the dust from my cd player after taking this last shot! 
I found my desktop too!
LOL

Happy Scrappy Dayz!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ADORE this! The colours, that adorable stocking, it is perfection, oh I really do love this.
Wishes
Lynne

Micupoftea said...

WHat fun layering, Carol!~ This is a festive card. Love the soft color. xo

Sassy Raggedy said...

This is just lovely. I love the stocking. Perfect...Hugz, joann