Saturday, January 12, 2013

Heartfelt Thanks...

Hi everyone!

I hope all is well!

Today I want to show you the card I made for my dear neighbor...


The challenge over at 
Sugar Creek Hollow is Winter White,
so I decided to give it a go with this card.

I started with Snow Flurries texture fade by Tim Holtz.


I roughed up the edges with my Tim Holtz distresser, 
then added some Pearl paint dabber to the snowflakes as well as around the outer edge of the card blank and on the center diecut (Silhouette Cameo) pieces.


I sprayed some Perfect Pearl Mist on the flowers to give them shimmer.

I hot glued some white pompom trim to the back of the textured diecut
and stamped my sentiment on the smaller diecut with Weathered Wood distress ink. 

In the above picture you might be able to see that I added a piece of lace trim topped with a piece of sparkly rickrack underneath the pop dotted diecuts.


And why am I giving my neighbor a Thank You card?

 She was there for me,
kind enough to drop everything and drive me to the ER 
when I cut half my nail,
 and maybe a layer or two of the skin below it, 
off my thumb.


This beautiful blue beauty will be on my finger for at least a week, 
at which point I can remove it to take a look.
If all looks right (no infections), I am to wrap it back up for another week or so. 

The doctor says it will take about a month to heal and I will eventually lose the nail, that is now laying on top of the injury. 

Without giving skin grafting a thought I put the nail that I cut off back on to help stop the bleeding so I could bandage it. 
Turned out to be a good idea, according to the dr.

*****

With any luck
next week I will NOT post an injury!
Really hoping this is not the way my New Year will keep going!

*****

By the way,

if you haven't already guessed,

Yes, I did make this card with my new blue thumb!

It was a little tricky here and there but I did it! 

*****

Oh about my neck injury of last week...
it's not a 100% yet but it is much better! 

*****

Have a great weekend!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

This is stunning! So glad she was there for you!
Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow
Linda DTSCH

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a stunning card with lovely embellishments, Carol! The pompom trim is a beautiful frame for the die cut. Wishing you a speedy recovery with your injury. Thanks so much for joining the Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Heather said...

Your white card is stunning!! I am so impressed that you were able to do it with you big blue thumb! We had a similar injury here.....with my oldest...cut the pad of his thumb off...had to have stitches...and a couple months of appointments...UGH!! I sure hope it heals up quick!!
Healing hugs!!

I guess I will put on my DT hat now...and say...Thank you for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow!!

Hugs
from your BOLB
Heather

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful neighbour. To receive your card will mean so much.
I love the white on white and Carol, that pompom trim is divine. You surely have some of the loveliest collection of trims.
Wishes
Lynne

Meggymay said...

A wonderful card for your neighbour, she will love it. Thank you for joining us here at SCH this week.
Yvonne