Sunday, August 21, 2011

Scrap on

My scrap room is still a mess after the move. 
Stuff still in boxes.
More stuff all over my tables.
More storage needed.

But...

Today I got my scrap on! lol
I managed to find an empty spot on my table and made a few Christmas cards for the
Jingle Bella Challenge
over at 
We needed simply to make 3 square cards.
I however made 4. 
Last months challenge was to make 4 cards and well...
could ya blame me?
With everything going on I guess I just combined to two.

The way I see it I am up one and that's a plus for me!
LOL

Here they are...
They are all pretty simple. 
All easel cards.

The flower on the 3rd one was a cream color but since it is a Christmas card I wanted to add some red somewhere so I got out my markers and inked the edges of the petals.
I sprayed a little glimmer mist, that I mixed up, on it as well.
The image is an image I love from 
  I stitched the edge on the one side and the corners on the other.
I will enter this one in the 
Sew Virginia There is a Santa Clause
challenge over at 
We needed to make something Christmas themed and use stitching somewhere on it.

The forth card I wanted to add some bling but I wanted it to be red so I got out my alcohol inks, watermelon, and dabbed it on. 
Unfortunately it left the gems feeling a little sticky so I rubbed off a bit of it from the tops of the gems leaving a little on the edges and I like how that looked. 
I used another homemade spray on the lace and although it looked good it wasn't quite the color I wanted so I took my alcohol ink that was left on the pad and pounced it on the lace. 
And while I was at it I decided to ink the edges of the card, the sentiment tag and the cream colored flower.

I hope you all are able to get your scrap on too!

Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh these are beautiful!!! Such gorgeous work!!!

XO
Cindy

Micupoftea said...

How fun...great cards...you will be ready for the holidays :)