Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Card and Bookmark

Hi all!

Yesterday I decided to take a break from the organizing mess and make a couple things for my bff.
Her birthday was this month and, although I tried, I missed it. 

Moving just upsets your whole schedule!

She is a beach love'n book reader!

The image comes from Helene's challenge over at Bella Creations Oh la la Group. 
She got the image from Gecko Galz to share with us!
Her challenge was to make a bookmark with the image. 


The card is entered in the Cartes Classique challenge over at Bella.
Starr kept it simple for us this month. 
We had to make any kind of card using 
1 button, 1 piece of ribbon & 1 flower. 


I used pine needles and broken china distress inks, for the backgrounds, I think it matched the color in the image pretty well. 
Then I used mustard seed distress ink for the stamping of the shells and faded jeans distress ink for the title and bird stamp.
The backgrounds also got a little spritz of a perfect pearls mist I made.

I kept the bookmark simple, it is, after all, going to be squished in a book.

On the card... 
the ribbon I thought looked a little beachy, the flower is one I made, and the button is made from seashells.
I also, for whatever reason, I added a little Tsukineko walnut ink to the background of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I really appreciate that you took the time to visit my blog and comment on my masculine tag and canvas. It was fun but will gladly return to feminine artwork!
Your bookmark is such a joy. I really adore it.
I have the image printed out and had high hopes of making the bookmark today but it didn't happen that way.
Have now become a Follower of your Blog.
Wishes
Lynne