Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Multi Media Canvas...

Hi everyone! 

Lately I feel like I am in a paper crafting slump.
I have cards that I need to make but just don't have the mojo for it. 

While looking for inspiration I saw a couple of videos for mixed media pieces


Between the both of them I was inspired to do my own canvas...


In Luvleescrappin's video she started her tag with a piece of tissue paper that she stamped all over...
I liked that so I grabbed a bunch of stamps, ink & tissue paper and started randomly stamping.

I mod podged it on to my canvas then got out my sprays
ArtCo Glitter Mist Red
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist Pink Taffy
and 
Perfect Pearls Mists Perfect Copper.

Both videos the ladies used a stencil and modeling paste and since I just recently bought my first bottle I had to use it as well.
The brick wall stencil I used is from SaCrafters.


This frame I found at Michaels, Thursday.
It was white I topped it with gesso, 
then added another couple of Michaels goodies...

My first set of Gelato's! 
I just used my fingers and rubbed it all over.
Fun stuff!

I also sprayed a bit of pink taffy on it as well.

The gem spray was also a Michaels find that I've had for a while.

The flowers on the frame and the top corner are from Wild Orchids Crafts I used a pad that had a bit of watermelon & slate alcohol ink on it on top of the white flowers.
I also added the alcohol ink to that skeleton leaf, it was a cream/tan color. 

The ribbony bits under the flowers on the frame are actually some cotton fabric pieces that I had laying on my desk. I cut them tied them together and sprayed with the pink taffy and red sprays.
I scrunched them up then roughed them a bit and love how it came out.


On MsLiberty's video she used some glue and seed beads that she randomly added to her canvas, 
I have a set of micro mini bead, not sure where I got them, I've had them forever.
I decided to add those with a bit of crackle accents that I just dotted here and there and covered with the beads.

In the above picture you can see the new "LOVE" heart stamp from 
How cute is that Terrye French stamp?
I love it!


Inside the frame I took one of the 
and with a little bit of mod podge mounted it on a piece of wood.
 I colored the edges of the wood piece with my wild honey distress marker.

To the right of the frame you can see a piece of the 
collage set that I fussy cut and added some wild honey distress ink on the edges.
I tucked that in under the frame & on top of a piece of gauze that I added some weathered wood distress stain and a spritz of water to.

The reddish fabric flower above the frame I added the same alcohol inks that I used on the flowers and leaf above.
And the other flower I simply added a button to the center. 


Here is a close up shot of the Terrye French Love Heart stamp.

You can also see a little bit of the texture from the tissue paper layer. 


This bird cage was a piece that I finally decided to stop hoarding...
my dear friend Maggie sent to me a while ago.
It is a Dusty Attic piece. 
I added snow cap dabber paint to it then pounced it with watermelon, slate and meadow alcohol inks.
After that I added a bit of clear rock candy distress crackle paint,
I love the look I ended up with.
I added a little piece of lace trim to the bottom.

The bird in the cage was part of a set of diecut chipboard pieces I have. 

I finished it off with a bunch of sticky back pink pearls and some I-rock gems randomly set around the canvas.

If you would like to see my video of this project you can see it here.

Thank you MsLiberty25 and Luvleescrappin 
for all your inspiration!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is beautiful BOLB!! I love everything that you did...so many beautiful details..and sounds like you had a lot of fun creating it!! Fabulous!!
Hugs
BOLB!!