Monday, June 27, 2011

My Life, My Love, My Heart, My Children

While I was making the fishing mini for my niece I decided to make one for her mother also. 


This one not only has the son she just recently lost in it
but all of her children.

I still have some tags I need to make but, just like the one I did for her daughter, I will be giving her plenty of tags for journaling and room for her to add more photos.

I did a lot of fussy cutting on this one. 
I love the floral and swirl flocking so I had to cut and use as much as I could.
 
I put this piece, that I cut, on the inside of the front cover, for a pocket, forgetting that I already would have the tag pocket there from the bag end. 

OOPS!
 
This one is a pocket for tags to come.
 
And the back of the book...
The flocked piece there is just because it was too pretty not to use it. 
It's not functional. 
 
 
The frame I used on the front cover is from
so I am linking this up to 
 
Ya gotta love Karen for sharing all her beautiful images with us. 
She has a great variety! 
Hop on over for yourself and see!
I am sure she would love the visit!

I edited the frame to add the journaling/title, using GIMP
 
I also added some broken china, faded jeans and vintage photo distress inks around the outside then added some embossing powder.

For those who don't know what GIMP is, it is a free online editing program that my bestie bella friend over at Bella Creations is teaching us.
 
Heather has a group over there,
where she is teaching all of us to do some cool editing!
 So if you are up for some fun come on over and join us!

Thanks for the visit!

Have a great week everyone!
 
 


 

5 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Gorgeous album and what a beautiful gift!

Suz said...

That is so beautiful. What a lovely gift!
Fondly,
Suz

Starr said...

Carol your mini is gorgeous!

Terry said...

Such a beautiful and thoughtful gift. Love the colors and design! Have a wonderful day!

Heather said...

Fabby! So sweet of you to make these mini albums for your friend and her daughter!! Love how you used GIMP! Glad you linked up to GF!! Fabulous Caorl!!