Thursday, September 12, 2013

Aloha tag...

Good morning!

this months challenge is to use
embossing powder & butterflies. 

We, on the Design Team, are using these adorable 
Aloha stamps designed by Christy Hartman
but...


you can use any stamp you have on hand!

I started with a tag that I had inked ages ago with a variety of distress inks, 
then sprayed with walnut gold glimmer mist.

I fussy cut the stamped images, 
colored them with my spectrum noir markers
and
cut a bunch of raffia strips, then added a piece of ribbon & a shell, to dress up her skirt.


I added a bunch of mini seashells for her necklace.

Gave her a flower for her hair and added the butterfly beside her.


As for the embossing powder...
I used my embossing pen and gave the tag water droplets 
and 
I added some to the center of the flowers for a bit of shine.


The challenge runs until September 27th, 11:59pst.

Hope you all join us!


Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

Adorable Country Classics said...

Carol, I love the tag you made, it's really cute. I like how you used the sea shells for her necklace. Thank you for being on our design team. I look forward to seeing your next project!